Don’t get me wrong…I got nothing against secular music and would never condemn anyone for listening to it. But tell me this Christians…do you even own or listen to any Christian CD’s? If we love Christ and delight in Him then it seems to me that our life should be saturated with Him. Maybe I’m crazy and perhaps I sound over the top. But for real…there are a plethora of options in the world of Christian music. I’m sorry if it seems like I’m always preaching on this thing, but for the most part they are sermons I have had to preach at myself because I have wrestled with the issue. I think Satan loves to trick us into separating our world into 3 parts…bad, good, neutral. And often the argument that I’ve heard and even used myself is…“well it’s not bad…or it’s not thaaat bad.” I’ve come to believe however that Satan is not only happy with us settling for bad. He is also content to see us set up camp in the neutral. Just give it a try sometime. I can’t tell you how many times God has connected with me through godly music. I particularly remember one time when I had had a really rough week and sin was abounding and I popped in a CD (Cross Movement—one of my favorite rap groups…they’re cool I promise) and God just hit with this one song “All day.” The line that hit me: “I would have had to bleed, just to pay for my own sin, but Christ came and now I owe Him, and can’t repay, I can’t repay, So check the chant we say, Jesus the Christ all day every day.” Man God just hit me with the realization of Christ and that He died so I wouldn’t have to wallow in my sin. And by his grace I have power to get back up every time I’m down. That is just one great moment with the Creator that I’m positive I would have never have had had I settled for the seemingly benign Weezer or Cake. Psalm 1:1-2 “Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on his law he meditates day and night.”
P.S. I went to a Shane Barnard concert last night. A great choice man of God possessing insane musical ability…such an edifying concert. And guess what else? We stopped at Chic-Fil-A on the way up to the concert and much to our surprise this local conservative Christian college was putting on these really cheesy puppet show. So we got to watch it while we ate. So tight.
Jimi out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment