Sunday, February 20, 2005

long time, no thoughts

I know, I know...it's been a long time since I've Journaled and I know that I was amidst of collected a mad following of those who were no doubt being liberated by my thoughts. I have been trying real hard to stick with things to and not be so quick to begin another "destined to be unfinished project." So I'm not gonna use ADD as an excuse, I'll just confess my negligence and move on...

So my thoughts for today....

Well I am going to reflect on a movie that I just saw last night and loved so much that I watched it again with my Apartment mates tonight--Garden State. I warn you however, it's not the neccisarilly full of morally correct choices or language...but it conveys a message that I think very much parrallels that of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I think John Eldridge (of Wild At Heart fame) would really like it as I feel it preaches a message very similar to the one he proports. Life isn't about being happy or avoiding pain. To LIVE a full and satisfying life I believe one will cry just as much as laugh. Whoever said that anger and sadness are feelings to run from? Now often we should run from them because we experience them because of our own selfishness or immaturity. But Jesus got angry (he regulated in the temple not once but twice with mad anger). He also cried (when he heard about the John the Baptist being beheaded and when he found out Lazarus had died). Christ hit every emotion in the book. But he didn't do what we often let our emotions do. He didn't change his course or let his feelings neutralize him.

Who wants a life where nothing but good things happen all the time? How would you grow? There'd be no great satisfaction in overcoming a great challenge? Job understood this all to well when he said to his wife after pleading with him to just give up trying to live for God (since it obviously wasn't benefitting him)...he said, "Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" And you recall Job got hooked up with double what he had. Will God do that for us I wonder? Well Rod Parsely and Benny Hinn sure think so and I agree...but not with them. God has the hookup for us not in earthly gain (just ask the Apostles) but in PERSPECTIVE. Oh yeah we get to live in sweet little joint called PARADISE with him forever when it's all said and done...so that's pretty cool.

Well I could say much more but I'll leave some for next time...

One last thing to share: I live a full, complete, and exciting life! I look forward to each and every day because I know I have more to learn, more to do, more people to love, and more life to live. I think anyone who has truly experienced the GOSPEL of Christ would whole-heartedly agree. If you don't agree...then you "don't get it." But if you really want to "get it" He'll show ya, just ask Him.

I'm Jimi.

No comments: